- Blinky™ on Vimeo – Horror short film about a robot helper at home – things go wrong. Horribly wrong.
I thought the robot’s smile was an especially fantastic design touch.
Furby 2012 has been (officially) announced
- Uses cheap-o LCDs for eyes
- No off switch
- some more thought to its “furbish” language processing
- “The more you speak, the more chatty it becomes — speak enough and will begin incorporating more English words into its speech”
- There is an iOS app that listens to furby speak and then provides translations
- sample coverage:
- Giddyup, Robot Doggies! Autonomous Soldiers Square Off at Army Robotics Rodeo | Danger Room | Wired.com
“For 10 sweltering days in mid-June, a small army of crawling, rolling, hopping and hovering robots invaded Ft. Benning, Georgia, a sprawling training post near the Alabama border. The occasion: the U.S. Army’s Robotics Rodeo, a competitive evaluation of the latest ground-combat robots.”
- Fritz’s, fast food with a robotic slant – Hack a Day
“Cleverbot AI and avatars talk to each other about life, the universe and everything”